Friday, November 13, 2009

Chemical hair straightening? Risks & costs involved?

I have curly hair which I have dyed (permanent dark %26amp; foiled) its naturally a bit dry and frizzy.



Do you recommend that i get it chemically straightened? What are the costs involved? did it smoothe your hair out? Is it easy to maintain? I've heard horror stories when a girl has had it done her hair was so weak it snapped she had to get it cut boy short.



Where are the best salons (in sydney aus area) to get it done?



Any further advice will be appreciated



Chemical hair straightening? Risks %26amp; costs involved?

Hi there :)



From what you've told me, you are eligible for permenant straightening. There are different products on the market that'll give you varying results. As a general rule though, you get what you pay for.



Cheap places will ask for around $200 for long hair...whilst this sounds good, be careful. Salons that charge this much are using harsh products, and the same product regardless of hairtype. So for hair that's more sensitive because of prior chemical services (ie colouring - like ur hair) this is bad news.



More expensive places will use a higher quality product, which hairdressers will be trained on and know the effects of. My salon uses a system called the "Bio Ionic straightening system" - also known commercially as Japanese straightening (where the product was developed), which is much less harsh to the hair, and effective in maintaining the hair's best possible condition. There is also a complete haircare range available to supplement the system and help you maintain you hair correctly at home. Naturally, it's more of an investment. You'd be looking at up to $600 for it.



There are places in Sydney CBD to get this done.



This link will tell u more about it:



Chemical hair straightening? Risks %26amp; costs involved?

Go to this website -



http://flawlesscomplexion.com



Chemical hair straightening? Risks %26amp; costs involved?

yah,doe you mean a perm,well yes there have been mshaps but let a pro take care of your Q. how to mantain when 2 weeks are up wash it .then after 8-9 weeks get a new perm



hoped i helped



Chemical hair straightening? Risks %26amp; costs involved?

I get my hair chemically straightened but I'm not sure how it will be for dye hair!! Mine cost 64$ or 70$ w/ a trim. It is easy to manage and leaves your hair less tangly!!! It also gives it a soft feel. Your hair won't fall out if you go to a professional salon. Dont do it yourself ;-). I dont live in aus though so i cant help you w/ that. It does smooth your hair out too.



Hope this info is wat u wanted!



Chemical hair straightening? Risks %26amp; costs involved?

for me, yes. it turned out to be quite alright.



last time i used to have curly and frizzy hair, and when i straightened it, the condition of the hair became better even after 7 months from the day that i straightened. i think its around $100, but do check it up though. dont go for those really cheap ones; they're unreliable.



Chemical hair straightening? Risks %26amp; costs involved?

well my hair is the same way and i get it done every three months because that is how long it lasts but you cant wash you hair the day before you go and get it done and two days after that it cost about 80-85 bucks but if when you color your hair and it burns would not recommend this



Chemical hair straightening? Risks %26amp; costs involved?

a friend of mine had her hair chemically straightened and it just made it permanently frizzy! but this could just be a one off i suggest you try because you'll never know if you don't try!! and i don't know how much it costs



Chemical hair straightening? Risks %26amp; costs involved?

I've had my hair straightened several times. It cost me about 150.00 (US). It not only smoothed it out, it took absolutely ALL the body out of it. It lay flat to my head. I hated it for the first month. Then a little of the stuff wore off and it began to perk up some. I still had to do the same routine I always do. Dry it with round brushes, leaving no dampness whatsoever. It did do better in humid conditions, or when I sweated during workouts or gardening. I even walked along the beach once and my hair didn't turn into a tumbleweed like it always does.



I do know that your hair must be PERFECTLY healthy before you get it done and you must get a professional to do it for you, else you'll be the next horror story.



It's been about 10 years since I last had it done. I know there are new products they use now. I'd love to hear what they use on you and if it works well and if you'd do it again.



Best of luck to you!!



Chemical hair straightening? Risks %26amp; costs involved?

DON"T! I tried to get my barber to do it and SHE refused because it damages the hair ,so I didn't ! If you want it done ,someone will do it . Hey , it's not their hair ! DON"T DO IT !

No comments:

Post a Comment