Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Question about Japanese hair straightening (or thermal reconditioning)?

I want to get my hair Permanetly straightened because my hair get frizzy and poofy after washing it and I'd like it to be pin straight..



So My question is will my hair stay Completely straight even after washing it? Can you swim after the process? If you've had it done would you reccomend it? and did it cause any damage to hair? thanks..



Question about Japanese hair straightening (or thermal reconditioning)?

For most hair, it will dry pin-straight after washing it, even if you let it air dry. There are a few people for whom it will not be pin-straight, if their hair is especially coarse and thick to begin with. However, my hair was very frizzy and thick, and now does dry straight.



You cannot swim, wash your hair, or put it in a ponytail for about two days after the process, However, after that you can do anything you want! One caveat - if you swim in the ocean, your hair may be a bit wavy (not frizzy) until you rinse out all the salt water.



It probably does cause damage to hair on some level - it is a dramatic, chemical process. However, as long as you have it done by an expert, it will look and feel *less* damaged, and the damage will be, largely, irrelevant. Unless you are trying to grow your hair to your knees, or have truck-pulling contests, the overall effect will be positive.



I heartily recommend the process. In some ways, it has changed my life. Instead of struggling with blow-dryers and flat-irons and still looking frizzy, I wash and go and look like I used to after a perfect blow-out. It has saved me time and dramatically changed my look. It even opens up haircut options - you can do layers to flatter your face since they will no longer bunch up.



Be warned that it is a bad idea for highlighted hair, as it works when all your hair is in the same condition (although that condition doesn't have to be pristine, I was a dyer!) If you do, in my opinion it is worth it to stop highlighting and wait a few years then get TR done, since the process does more for your appearance than highlighting ever could.



Question about Japanese hair straightening (or thermal reconditioning)?

Read all about Japanese Hair Straightening and after care



http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-42eT_e8_b...



.

No comments:

Post a Comment